1891 Map


Reproduction panorama map of Galion, Ohio, drawn and published by Smith & Buckingham in 1891. Galion was founded as a city in 1831. The Erie Railroad ran through town and established their depot on South Market Street. The Cleveland Columbus & Cincinnati Railroad, later known as the “Big Four” had their depot on Washington Street. The map includes the following inset illustrations:

English Lutheran Church
Protestant Episcopal Church
Baptist Church
St. Joseph’s Church
The Born Steel Range Co.
German Reform Church
Residence of J. W. Coulter, Union St.
German M. E. Church
O. S. Presbyterian Church
Deutsche Evg. Lutheran Church
Methodist Episcopal Church
St. Patrick’s Church
United Brethren Church